Monday, April 16, 2012

Follow your gut, not your head.

Beware: This is another post about hockey.

Follow your gut, not your head.. this is especially true when you are making playoff pool picks. I am living proof of this theory, although the series is not over yet.

Last week I sat down and made my NHL playoff picks for a hockey pool at my moms work. I went back and fourth on a couple of series but in the end went with my head. This was a mistake, I should have went with my gut.

The two big mistakes I made were picking Pittsburgh over Philly and Vancouver over LA. I had a funny feeling both Philly and LA were going to come out on top but I ignored the funny feeling, and now both Pittsburgh and Vancouver are losing their series 3-0.

My gut told me there was no match for Philly's orange jersey's and their toughness(it was right.) It also told me the Canucks always choke(Once again, right!)

 Something my gut did not give me a heads up to was that Crosby(whom I have loved for the past couple of years) would get his whine on again. He is like a little baby once again. I think it all comes down to the fact that he is a sore loser. The dude is fabulous at winning and is so exciting when he is winning that you forget how he acts when he is down. Well Sid the Kid you better get your big boy skates on again and fast because my r-e-s-p-e-c-t for you is flying right out the window!

If you are not a hockey fan but were thinking of giving the sport a chance, now is an exciting time to watch. Give is a try, you just might love it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive