Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Saying goodbye...to your job

I am not very good at letting people down and the thought of confrontation scares me a little. I have never really had to quit a job before. I don't think I am going to be very good at it.

I have been working a part time retail job for three months now, minimum wage and crappy hours and rude people. My manager hired me because she was going on maternity leave come July.  I started out loving this job, I even turned down a full time job offer because I liked it so much  when I started... now I hate it. I am working it along with two other jobs just to pay the bills so I really don't have any sort of social life on top of it all.

I have been sending out my resume a lot the past couple of weeks, and I have an interview tomorrow evening. I also have an appointment today with Apple One to hopefully get temp work so I can quit the retail job.

That being said, yesterday I found out my manager will be going on her leave right away. Now I feel bad for maybe having to quit, I don't want to upset anyone, but I think I will. At the end of the day however I have to do what is best for me. I am not getting any younger so if I could find a full time job that pays decent or temp work that will lead to full time work I will have to take it, even if it means screwing over these other people.

Have any of you had to quit jobs before? What are some tips you have for doing so smoothly?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive