Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Country music

Growing up in a smallish suburban town in Ontario Canada, country music was(and still is) so not cool. Around here it is all about rock n rap... not a lot of country love.
When I was really little I used to listen to Kiss 92.5 a local country station. I always had a secret love for Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood etc etc... I would never have admitted it though.

I went through my teen and early adult years still denying my country music love to myself and others. It was easy, by this time Kiss 92.5 was no longer and country music did not have much music influence on the radios at all.

 Country has come along way. . . and when Taylor Swift came into my life I could no longer deny my love. I know every song word for word... listen to her almost always while in the car, singing my heart out, pretending I am the girl who wrote the songs.

After Taylor I fell in love with Lady Antebellum, Sugarland and most recently the Band Perry and other songs whose writers and performers I cannot think of at this time.

Watching the CMA awards tonight has opened my eyes to another part of country music we should all love and support... healthy women. T|here are no skin and bones ladies that I have seen during this show.  All ladies look healthy and normal, showing off their real curves.These women are just great role models for young women today.

The beautiful music, wonderful women and we can't forget about hunks in cowboy hats are just a couple reasons why I will now proudly admit I am a country music fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive