Saturday, March 17, 2012

50 book pledge

Back in January I took the 50 book pledge. I got a Kobo and was all set. Then it ran out of batteries and I started watching Gilmore Girls again and my reading never happened.

Well I am back!

I have read another book taking my total up to THREE... I have some catching up to do.

So far I have read:

50 book pledge 2012

1. Divergent- Veronica Roth(must read!) Hunger Games feel and I thought it was just as good.

2. The Art of Racing in the Rain-Garth Stein. This is a wonderful book that follows a family and their struggles through the eyes of a dog. I loved it so much, it is not often that books make me cry but this one had be sobbing.

3. Delirium- Lauren Oliver Another dystopia type book. It was good. It started off a bit slow but then toward the middle it picked up a lot. The ending was a surprise and I am not sure how they will do the 2nd book in the series, Pandemonium. I cant wait to see what happens!

I am also always looking for my next read. If you have any suggestions or favorites please send them my way. I heard The Night Circus is wonderful and I am thinking of reading that when I am done Pandemonium.

2 comments:

  1. If you are even slightly open to the idea of reading non-fiction, I beg of you to read Into Thin Air. If you read it and fall in love with it (which nearly everyone does) I will have a whole host of similar books that you will love.

    Have you read any Paulo Coelho? He's my favorite author of fiction. The Alchemist is such a beautifully simple book. He has many others that are equally engrossing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the recommendations! I will look into those for sure :)

      Delete

Blog Archive