Friday, October 5, 2012

Spending Spree

I have always been a good saver when it comes to money. Most of my adult life I have working 1,2 and at times 3 part time jobs. I never had a steady income so I always saved what I could...just in case. I have always had a decent saving that I had to tap into this summer when my hours got cut back at work and I was working a minimum wage gig trying to pay my mortgage, I still always seemed to have money in my account.

This all changed when at the beginning of August I finally got a decent paying full time job. I was really excited because this meant for the first time in my life I would have a steady and livable income and would not be broke. It also meant for the first time, I felt I could buy what I wanted, whenever I wanted. I have for the past two months had zero discipline when it has come to money. And my bank account, and me are feeling it. And I am feeling broke.

I know I need to get back on track when it comes to saving money, it is just so hard.

Here is a promise to myself that after one last already planned shopping trip this Sunday, I will no longer spend spend spend. It is back to my old ways for me.

Are you a spender or a saver?
Any tips on how to save?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive